''It isn't often that the manager of your hotel is the uncle of a queen... Phunchok Wangchuk, the uncle of the "queen", runs a cozy family hotel, the Shambha-La, set in an apple orchard 1 km outside Leh, Ladakh. - TIME Magazine, November 27, 2000. In Ladakhi folklore, paradise is to be found in this world itself in the mythical northern region of 'Shambha-La' .
How To Reach
Leh is well connected to New Delhi by Jet Airways, Kingfisher & Indian Airlines all of whom operate daily flights round the year. Flight is of one-hour duration and as these flights tend to be heavily booked reservations should be made well in advance especially for the peak summer month of June, July August & September. Indian Airlines also operates to Leh from Srinagar & Jammu. Booking well in advance will also ensure availability of very attractive discounted fares.
Between May to November one can travel by motorcar from Manali to Leh which is a two-day journey or from Srinagar to Leh which also takes the same time but is a much better road
- Very snug heated & centrally - heated rooms
- The hotel is two kilometers away from the Airport and one and a half kilometer from town.
- Courtesy Free-Drop to town
- Doctor on Call
- Laundry facilities
- Cuisine: Ladakhi, Chinese, Western and Tandoori
- ISD / STD facilities
- Complete arrangement for sightseeing / trekking
- All rooms have attached bath, with running hot and cold water